Setting Implications - Follow Up Questions from the Weapons Houserules

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Setting Implications - Follow Up Questions from the Weapons Houserules

Post  Jeremy Kenning on Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:21 am

It has been stated that the in-setting justification for the House Rules on Weapons is that New Zealand is "sliding towards becoming a police state".

This is a fascinating idea and one which raises a number of interesting follow on questions.

1) Is the government and political makeup of parliament different from what we have in our world?

If so, how about recent political history, major news events and Auckland local politics?

2) What other legislation expanding state powers and limiting individual liberty has been passed?

How did this gain Royal Assent, or are we a Republic now?

3) Has this been a global trend and if not how have our international allies and trading partners responded to these changes?

Jeremy Kenning

Back to top Go down

Re: Setting Implications - Follow Up Questions from the Weapons Houserules

Post  Nicholas Giacomo on Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:53 am

One question in reply would be, is this relevant at all to the scope of the game? I'm not sure we are going to be taking a jaunt around the world at a whim like in Nexus.
Nicholas Giacomo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Kenning on Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:07 am

To be honest I'm fascinated by the idea that we are in a New Zealand so politically different from our own.

It may be irrelevant to you, but I am curious and my character certainly cares.

If this is what the country is becoming then I'm likely to be taking a VERY different angle on how I play and what I get involved in.

Further I'm never going to make assumptions on the scope of any game, nor the potential range of influences which may affect it. You may approach things however you like but it won't stop me asking these kinds of questions.

Jeremy Kenning

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top